Lake Desire Upcoming Events
Lake Desire Residents:
Lake Desire Residents:
1. HAPPY THANKSGIVING from the Lake Desire Community Club! We send our very best wishes that your Thanksgiving holidays were safe, warm, bright and delicious!
2. Boat spotted adrift in lake – There is a white double hull boat that has been spotted adrift in the lake and floating toward the outlet as of 2pm Friday. Submitted by John Wall (email@example.com) and Thom and Judy Rohm.
3. Suspicious Car on East Lake Desire on November 26th- I wanted to share some info re an observation I made this morning. At approx 3am, I observed a silver Honda drive down our street towards the dead end. When I turned out of my driveway, it stopped, turned around, started to drive but then stopped for a couple of minutes behind me. I slowed down, trying to get a good look at the car, but it drove even slower and stayed far behind me until I reached Woodside. I pulled over with my hazards on, and the car came to a complete stop behind me for another couple of minutes. I waited and waited, and it finally passed me but sped up. I followed the car, got the license plate, and reported it to 911.
I know I'm probably making a big deal out of nothing but I thought it was unusual for the car to be driving slowly through the neighborhood at 3am, and slow to pass/come near me. The plate was in the rear window and 911 has it on record. They were sending a patrol officer to look through the area. I'm hoping that it was someone picking up a friend and they got lost. The license plate was ASV7595, gray Honda. Unfortunately, my intuition tells me otherwise - that it was someone scoping out the area. Submitted by Kelsie Manner. NEIGHBORS, please keep an eye out.
4. Light Trespass from Petrovitsky Park meeting to be scheduled – Any neighbors who are impacted by the light trespass from Petrovitsky Park and would like to be invited to an upcoming meeting with the Parks Operations Manager please reply to this email so that I can communicate with you about scheduling the meeting at the best day/time.
5. Lake Desire Community Club Officer needed – Are you enjoying the outdoor movies, plant swap, Easter Egg Hunt, Summer Picnic and community atmosphere that the Lake Desire Community Club is bringing to our neighborhood? We couldn’t provide that without the planning and coordination it takes to make these fun events a reality. We are looking for a new Officer for the Club, and welcome all who are interested to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-498-1308 for more information. Commitment is typically quarterly meetings of about an hour, plus the responsibilities of that office. Thank you for considering becoming more involved in our great group!
6. Christmas Tree Recycling – On Saturday, January 3, 2015, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, Cub Scout Pack #449 will collect and recycle Christmas trees in neighborhoods around Ridgewood Elementary for a donation. To ensure pick-up, trees must be placed outside by 9:00 AM Saturday morning. Sorry, the scouts are unable to confirm an exact pick-up time. If you prefer to deliver your tree yourself, please bring it to Ridgewood Elementary School, 18030 162nd Pl SE, Renton. Scouts will be on hand to unload the trees, and accept your donation. Please no trees/wreaths with tinsel and/or flock. For more information, contact Pack #449, email@example.com. Donations may also be mailed to Boy Scouts of America-Pack #449 c/o Pack Treasurer 18637 172nd Place SE Renton, WA 98058. This program keeps the trees out of landfills, and provides a stockpile of chips for use by Kent Parks Maintenance to mulch new plants and maintain trails in the City parks system. By participating in the program, you can help the Boy Scouts, the Kent Parks Department, and the environment.
7. Rent the Lake Desire Clubhouse for your holiday events! Don’t forget that we have a great clubhouse in our neighborhood that can be rented for private parties, meetings and events. Check out the up-to-date calendar on http://www.lakedesire.org/ for availability and rental prices. There is a link on that site that you can click to get in touch with our rental coordinator, Heather Smith.
Lake Desire Greetings – Do you have a new neighbor? A new baby in the neighborhood? Our Lake Desire Greeter, Susan Hill, would like to come by and greet them. Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lake Desire Clubhouse Rentals– Contact Heather Smith, Heather@smith.net, 425-917-9533. Backup is Heather Stafford email@example.com. Pictures and a calendar for availability can be found at http://www.lakedesire.org/rentals.html
Lake Desire President
Upcoming Community Meetings - Clubhouse
Community Meeting: All Neighbors Welcome to Board and Community Meetings
Next Meeting is TBD 7pm at Clubhouse - Please join us for our next Community Meeting. Questions? Please email Heather Stafford at
Minutes of Our Last Meeting
Contact Heather Stafford with any questions or agenda items for our next meeting.
Rent the Club House
Affordable and perfect for many occasions!
Where is the club house located?
18118 172nd Ave SE
Renton, WA 98058
Renton, WA 98058