Lake Desire Upcoming Events
Lake Desire Residents:
1. THIS SATURDAY! Annual Spring Plant & Seed Swap coming up this Saturday, May 2nd at 10am - Neighbors, bring your plant starts, seeds, or any other gardening item you would like to share with your gardening neighbors to the Clubhouse. You don't even need to bring anything! This is a really fun, informal event for local garden enthusiasts who like to share stories about what grows well around our area. Coffee and pastries, too! We could use help cleaning up after the event, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can assist. Thanks!
2. Roadside CLEANUP and Clubhouse Project Day– Saturday, May 16th at 9am at the Boat Launch and Clubhouse We will be gathering neighbors together on Saturday, May 16th to pick up trash along the roads as we do twice a year, as well as do projects at the Clubhouse. We would really appreciate your help, so please join us!
Roadside Cleanup – meet at the Boat Launch at 9am
Bring your gloves and we will provide King County bags and safety gear. If you cannot make it on the morning of, please feel free to pick up trash separately sometime before Monday, May 18th , tie it securely so no animals can get into it, and place by the tree at the Clubhouse. Adopt-a-roads will pick up the trash sometime that week. Thank you, in advance, for helping to keep our neighborhood clean.
Clubhouse Project Day – meet at the Clubhouse at 9am
Once a year we get together to work in and around the Clubhouse. We will be spreading gravel and doing a general yard and Clubhouse cleanup. Do you have a high school student who needs community service hours in the area? This is a great opportunity for them to contribute to the community and get those hours signed off. Questions about the cleanup and project day? Please email email@example.com.
3. King County – Fairwood – Town Hall Meeting on Tuesday, May 5 at 7 pm at Ridgewood Elementary School
Please join King County Council member Reagan Dunn, King County Sherriff John Urquhart and other County Officials for a town hall meeting and Community Service Area open house. This is a great opportunity to chat with our County officials about any questions or concerns you have about the area.
This is a great opportunity to hear status on the Park Lights, McGarvey Park logging, and also to bring up any neighborhood concerns about the nesting Osprey at Petrovitsky Park. Looking forward to seeing a strong Lake Desire showing at the meeting, see you there!
4. Lake Desire Community Club is celebrating its 35th Anniversary this year! A hearty thank you to our officers, board members and club members, present and past, who help to make this community strong!
5. Thank you Donna Snure! We just wanted to recognize Donna Snure for mowing at the LDCC. She was up prior to the Easter party to mow, & again this past week, as her son Colton (our regular lawn mower) is still away at school. Thanxs! Lynn J.
6. Howling Dog on Lake – We’ve had reports from several neighbors living on the lake that they can hear a dog howling all day long. If you know the owner of this dog please remind them that the lake can be loud with echo when there are noises like that. Thank you for being considerate of neighbors!
7. Upcoming Lake Desire Rummage Sale needs a coordinator – We have Saturday, June 6th set aside for a Lake Desire Rummage Sale in the parking lot of the Clubhouse. Please reply if you would like to help us coordinate neighbors and tables! Thanks.
8. Making Summer Plans? Don’t forget the Annual Lake Desire BBQ at the Clubhouse on Tuesday, August 4th.
Items for the newsletter? Do you have any items for the newsletter? Feel free to submit them to Heather Stafford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lake Desire Greetings – Do you have a new neighbor? A new baby in the neighborhood? Our Lake Desire Greeter, Susan Hill, would like to come by and greet them. Please contact her at email@example.com.
Lake Desire Clubhouse Rentals– Contact Heather Smith, Heather@smith.net, 425-917-9533. Backup is Heather Stafford firstname.lastname@example.org. Pictures and a calendar for availability can be found at http://www.lakedesire.org/rentals.html
Lake Desire Vice President
Upcoming Community Meetings - Clubhouse
Community Meeting: All Neighbors Welcome to Board and Community Meetings
Next Meeting is 4/23, 6:30pm at Clubhouse - Please join us for our next Community Meeting at the Lake Desire Clubhouse. Questions? Please email Heather Stafford at
Minutes of Our Last Meeting
Contact Heather Stafford with any questions or agenda items for our next meeting.
Rent the Club House
Affordable and perfect for many occasions!
Where is the club house located?
18118 172nd Ave SE
Renton, WA 98058
Renton, WA 98058