Lake Desire Upcoming Events
Lake Desire Residents:
1. Car Prowl Alert: There were car prowlers in the Trovitsky Park on the night of March 14. This is submitted by someone in Trovistky who saw them: They parked close to my house so I've got video or their car and them (two). Two young men 25-30ish (appear to be white), 5'10"-6', slim, both carrying shoulder bags. They parked at about 4:11am methodically went up and down the block checking every vehicle (that my video system could see) and didn't return to their car until about 4:30am.
One of them appears to be the same guy that stole a vehicle from our neighborhood about two years ago. This after a couple of weeks of cars getting ransacked.
The night the car was stolen (two years ago) it was raining, like last night. I would guess these guys are using the rain for sound cover and reduce the possibility that our dogs would detect their smell (most likely inside and windows closed).
I'm still reviewing video but it looks like one of them has a headset on.
Please keep your cars lock and your porch/driveway lights on. This is a very small inconvenience/price to pay for some deterrence.
2. Lake Desire Fundraiser THIS SATURDAY! Hard Cider Tasting/Appetizers/Photo Show – Saturday, March 21st at 6:30pm at the Clubhouse
Welcome in 2015 with your Lake Desire neighbors at our first social event this year at the Clubhouse! Hard Cider and Catered Appetizer Tasting, and a photo display by professional photographer Michael Diegel of Covington and nature photos by neighborhood photographer Janet Farmer. Appetizers catered by Karen Rafchiek of The Red Tea Room Fine Foods based here in Fairwood. Bring your friends! Admission $15 per person and can be purchased at the door, plus a Split the Pot raffle for $5 each ticket. This event is for adults over 21 only. This is a capital projects fundraiser for the clubhouse
Please RSVP to Tammie Cook, firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Upcoming Noxious Weed Abatement Meeting – Thursday, April 23rd from 6:30pm – 9:00pm at the Clubhouse. Ben.Peterson@kingcounty.gov Ben Peterson, Aquatic Noxious Weed Specialist.Phone (206) 477-4724
4. FREE PLANTS. I have mature ornamentals (rhododendron, azalea, camellia, magnolia) that I no longer want in my natural settings yard. You can have them for free but must dig them out, remove them, and clean up any debris. Also, I have a mature cherry tree (produces a good harvest of pie sour cherries) that I am willing to sell for $100. If interested contact Dorothy (email@example.com).
I’m looking to hire someone to mow and weedy. If interested, email Dorothy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Women’s Book Exchange – Saturday, March 28. Women of Lake Desire. On March 28 we will have a book exchange get together (bring a wrapped book and leave with another). If interested, then email Dorothy Paun (email@example.com) for information..
6. McGarvey Park Summer Harvest Informational Meeting - King County Parks and Forestry employees will hosted a public meeting to discuss the proposed forest restoration activities at McGarvey Park on Monday, March 16. Several of our neighbors attended to ask questions and express concern about the planned activities. You can find the Open Space Forest Stewardship Plan and answers to frequently asked questions are available on the McGarvey Park webpage. For information about the plan and the meeting, please contact Kelly Heintz at, 206-477-6478 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Lake Desire Hardcopy Newsletter Out - We have sent out our yearly hardcopy newsletter which provides a recap of the year’s activities, dates for this next year’s events, a voting ballot for Lake Desire Community Club officers, and an envelope for mailing back your ballot and membership form and payment. Our membership is voluntary, and at $20 per family/$15 for seniors we truly appreciate each and every contribution. These funds help us to keep the Clubhouse maintained, and provide resources for us to host events (Plant Swap, Easter Egg Hunt, Lake Desire Barbecue, and the recently added Outdoor Movies). Thank you to those who have already submitted your membership! Questions? Please contact Heather Stafford at email@example.com.
8. Lake Desire Community Club receives Community Engagement Grant from King County! The Lake Desire Community Club received a $500 grant award just this month through the Community Engagement Program (http://www.kingcounty.gov/exec/community-service-areas/engagement-grants.aspx) in order to help us purchase new folding chairs for the clubhouse.
9. Easter Egg Hunt – Saturday, April 4th at 1pm Join us for our annual Easter Egg Hunt! We will start setting up at 12:00pm, hiding eggs for our neighborhood kids and grandkids. Please bring a snack to share, we will provide eggs with treats and prizes for the kids. If you can help with setting up or supervising a craft, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
10. Annual Spring Plant & Seed Swap – Save the date! Saturday, May 2nd at 10am Bring your plant starts, seeds, or any other item you would like to share with your gardening neighbors to the Clubhouse. This is a really fun, informal event for local garden enthusiasts. We could use help setting up and cleaning up, so please email email@example.com if you can assist. Thanks!
11. Save the date for Roadside CLEANUP and Clubhouse Project Day– Saturday, May 16th at 9am at the Boat Launch and Clubhouse
We will be gathering neighbors together on Saturday, May 16th to pick up trash along the roads as we do twice a year, as well as do projects at the Clubhouse. We would really appreciate your help, so please join us!
Roadside Cleanup – meet at the Boat Launch at 9am
Bring your gloves and we will provide King County bags and safety gear. If you cannot make it on the morning of, please feel free to pick up trash separately sometime before Monday, October 20th, tie it securely so no animals can get into it, and place by the tree at the Clubhouse. Adopt-a-roads will pick up the trash sometime that week. Thank you, in advance, for helping to keep our neighborhood clean.
Clubhouse Project Day – meet at the Clubhouse at 9am
Once a year we get together to work in and around the Clubhouse. We will send out a list closer to the date with projects we will tackle this year. Do you have a high school student who needs community service hours in the area? This is a great opportunity for them to contribute to the community and get those hours signed off. Questions about the cleanup and project day? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for the newsletter? Do you have any items for the newsletter? Feel free to submit them to Heather Stafford at email@example.com.
Lake Desire Greetings – Do you have a new neighbor? A new baby in the neighborhood? Our Lake Desire Greeter, Susan Hill, would like to come by and greet them. Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lake Desire Clubhouse Rentals– Contact Heather Smith, Heather@smith.net, 425-917-9533. Backup is Heather Stafford email@example.com. Pictures and a calendar for availability can be found at http://www.lakedesire.org/rentals.html
Lake Desire Vice President
Upcoming Community Meetings - Clubhouse
Community Meeting: All Neighbors Welcome to Board and Community Meetings
Next Meeting is 4/23, 6:30pm at Clubhouse - Please join us for our next Community Meeting at the Lake Desire Clubhouse. Questions? Please email Heather Stafford at
Minutes of Our Last Meeting
Contact Heather Stafford with any questions or agenda items for our next meeting.
Rent the Club House
Affordable and perfect for many occasions!
Where is the club house located?
18118 172nd Ave SE
Renton, WA 98058
Renton, WA 98058